Hi everyone! I’m back with another great kid-friendly recipe! My Apple-Cinnamon Energy Bites are delicious and healthy. Not to mention, they are paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, and nut-free…and super easy to make!
Although my children don’t have any nut allergies, there are children in their school who are severely allergic. Therefore, they are not allowed to take anything containing nuts in their lunches. I wanted to create a tasty snack that made them feel like they were eating a treat while also incorporating nutritious ingredients and avoiding nuts. I just wasn’t satisfied with the ingredients I was finding in the granola bars at the grocery store. So I played with the recipe a little and finally came up with the perfect combination. And my kids go crazy over these!
I use my Ninja food processor. It works perfectly to combine all of the ingredients and that’s the only kitchen tool you’ll need! Here’s the exact one I use, which you can find on Amazon.
It’s as easy as throwing all of the ingredients in the food processor and turning it on! I whip a bunch of these up on Sunday nights so that I have them throughout the week for lunches. It’s a snack I don’t have to feel guilty about giving to my kids…or eating myself! These would also be a great pre-workout snack!
You’ll find the complete recipe below. I hope you and your family enjoy these as much as we do. Stay tuned for some more flavors and thanks for stopping by!
Apple-Cinnamon Energy Bites
- 10-12 medjool or deglet noor dates make sure they are pitted
- 40 g dried apples
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter you can substitute any nut butter if there's no concern for nut allergies
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter for drizzle optional
- Place all ingredients except for coconut butter into a food processor.
- Process until all ingredients are finely chopped and well incorporated.
- Roll mixture into balls (makes about 10 to 12 balls depending on the size).
- For topping, melt coconut butter in microwave in 30 second intervals until it becomes thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle over energy bites and add an extra sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Store energy bites in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Affiliate Disclaimer: This post does include affiliate marketing which supports me, but does not effect your purchase or the amount you pay. Thanks!